Patio Restoration 2: 2 Jackhammers, 4 sweat soaked shirts, and a sprained wrist later

Wow, if you run a jackhammer for a living I commend you for all your hard work!  

I ran the rented jackhammer on 95 degree day until it started smoking and wheezing and didn't have the energy to punch through a paper bag - much like jackhammer, I was drained and the job was only half finished.   I loaded the defeated, grease-soaked hunk of steel into my station wagon and headed back to Home Depot for my next victim.  

It's pretty self explanatory: Plug in, stand up jackhammer,  push button and try to handle the 60lb hammer as it crushes through heavy concrete.  The hardest part is pulling the device out of the mud once it punches deep into the ground below the concrete.   

It's hard to tell from the ruble, but this will be built into a flower box or herb garden.

Hopefully I never have to do that again!

No comments:

Post a Comment