4th of July: Affordable and American ways to make your outdoors pop.

Flags are like pocket squares for houses, ha.

I found out what is obvious to most, if your plants look sad and droopy spray them with water for about 30secs and a few minutes afterwards they will pop right up. Thanks for the tip Brent! 


My wife lined the sidewalk with stone that was left over from our basement fireplace (seen below).  The dead grass is my fault, I trimmed it too short with the weed eater.


We are blessed and cursed with a large yard.  The next step will be to devise an outdoor lighting scheme: up lights for the trees framing the house, flood lights around the home, etc.. The neighborhood has no street lights and is very dark, the lights will help us find our house at night.

They make 3 types of outdoor flags: Poly, Cotton and a Blend.  We went with the blend it's the best of both worlds; it has the natural look and feel of cotton but, like Poly, won't fade. Thanks All Nations Flag Co.  Flags can serve purposes other than a display of pride; table cloth, a Confederate flag makes for great redneck curtains, or this more tasteful approach.  

I love this light, it is a timeless piece at a great price, it can be found here. We used it on our garage, I have seen ones similar used inside in kitchens and bathrooms  - above a medicine cabinet or mirror.  Check out similar, more expensive styles here 

No comments:

Post a Comment